Financial Information - dealReporter
Financial Information Case Study - dealReporter
Delivering the Vision
dealReporter's business is about providing accurate, relevant and time-critical information to users 24 hours a day. Their users include some of the world's largest banking institutions who demand an exceptional, reliable and realtime service.
dealReporter recognized an opportunity to leverage its access to
unique financial information and produce a service aimed at a very
niche financial sector.
- A new service built on top of an existing content management and administration system that would provide for scalability and expansion
- Real-time information delivery
- Extensive personalization capabilities
- A flexible calculation engine that could handle complex financial formula
- Quick time to market, to meet an opportunity based on a seasonal cycle
- A flexible development process as their new vision had not been completely refined
- An efficient and scalable email and SMS alert system
Digiterre partnered with dealReporter and were well placed to deliver dealReporter's vision as they had developed the underlying technology for the administration of content. This was crucial to reducing costs and time to market.
While learning as much as possible about the new business initiative, Digiterre offered a flexible development approach. Flexibility allowed ongoing changes and refinement to functionality as prospective users tested and commented on it before the system was scheduled to go live.
Digiterre's close working relationship, built on trust and transparency of process, allowed dealReporter to focus on developing their business while Digiterre took responsibility for technology.
"Digiterre quickly understood our vision and helped us achieve it in a tight timeframe. The flexibility of the system during the development process enabled us to deliver a service that we knew our client's would love - because they were involved in testing and refinement. The sound quality of Digiterre's original work in the underlying system has allowed us to tap into a unique market in a very cost effective way", says Richard Hall, Managing Director.
The Benefits for DealReporter
dealReporter went live on time and budget. Customer subscriptions quickly materialized and sales targets were exceeding business plan targets within a short period of time.
The new system could handle multi-currency information display, allowed users to query information with complex search criteria, and provided on-the-fly results based on complex financial formula.
Users are able to personalize the content delivery so that only relevant information is highlighted. Accuracy of the information is paramount as decisions made using dealReporter's information often have large financial implications.
Designed for the Future
Significant ongoing development to both the user and administration functionality shows that the robust system is built for expansion and growth - the philosophy behind all Digiterre developments.
24 x 7 Support
To maintain high service levels dealReporter's operations need to run efficiently. Digiterre's support team are only ever a phone call away (24x7) and provide the responsive user and infrastructure support that dealReporter have come to rely on.
Did dealReporter believe that Digiterre were technically excellent? Absolutely. But it was about more than that; it was about showing an understanding of dealReporter's business that made the difference. Digiterre understood that dealReporter needed to deliver accurate and time-sensitive information 24 hours a day.
- Track deals as they happen: Up-to-date share price and detailed financial data is always at your fingertips.
- Personalize your homepage. Headlines that match your profile are highlighted. Be as broad or specific as you like. Search parameters can be saved and alert you via email or SMS when updates are published that match your search criteria.