Digiterre worked in close partnership with EnBW to deliver a cutting-edge, secure and scalable power asset optimisation platform as part of EnBW’s wider transition from a traditional energy company into a sustainable and innovative infrastructure business
Download full Success Story
Digiterre was engaged to build a cloud-hosted platform for EnBW quants and analysts in the Generation and Trading division, to perform asset modelling and optimisation. This would enable EnBW to run models with greater flexibility and speed, using a highly scalable technology stack, and help them harness different programming languages.
Prior to the project, EnBW’s asset modelling incorporated multiple sources for power asset data and used many different tools and applications. This meant there was no single source for storing algorithms and models and the data quality assurance process was cumbersome and involved multiple manual steps.
- Optimisation – we created an event driven parallel process for portfolio optimisation with results chaining, and target containerisation and cloud deployment
- Optimisation configuration – we consolidated configuration service for models using Jupyter Notebooks integration and full audit of changes
- KOM abstraction – we created APIs to existing data sources, being mindful of initiatives around event management
- Price simulation performance – we productionised price simulation in order to speed up the project delivery process
- Visualisation – we enhanced the visualisation of optimisation results
In the words of our client
"I have worked with Digiterre on several projects. This project was special due to the high complexity of the solution and the fact, that all was done remotely."
Andreas Ewert - Head of Middle Office, EnBW