Debtwire Primary Issuance Data Platform
Acuris, a leading provider of specialist news, research, analysis and market intelligence for finance professionals partners with Digiterre to launch Primary Issuance Data, the new leading-edge service for the Debtwire platform. Acuris had identified a significant market opportunity for a new market intelligence offering under the Debtwire brand. However, the business required technical design and software engineering capabilities to deliver a fully functional launch product to the high quality standards and tight timelines required.
The main goals of the launch programme for the joint Acuris & Digiterre team were to:
- Develop and deliver a new service for Acuris’s Debtwire product, entirely focused on providing market intelligence for Primary Issuance, the first issuance of stock from private companies.
- Offer the market and investors a detailed overview, comparison and analysis of all companies involved in the Primary Issuance process.
- Capture, compile and analyse data deriving from a wide variety of sources including financial institutions, banks and original sources into an effective and efficient database.
- Go far beyond a pure data solution, combining captured data, packaged deals and quality editorial together with the functionality.
- Adopting an agile development approach at the heart of the project, using iterative development processes with multiple milestones and continuous delivery.
- A combined, collaborative team of developers, QA’s and business analysts driving the project. The multidisciplinary team combined Acuris and Digiterre working as one, with the product owner based in Hong Kong. Architectural and technical choices were made on project commencement and the development team.
- The joint team adopting a “test first” approach with full automation from test through to deployment into production.
- Pair programming was used for key elements of the platform to further boost the quality of the team’s output.
- Ensuring that Data collection and quality were central to the project from the outset Elastic Search was used to slice and dice the data effectively, while the front end was built using ReactJS, to create a rich user experience.
- Interpreting and fully realising the global service vision by the team holistically as well as by specific operating region – Asia, with a planned launch for Europe and the US.
- Successful product release in the Asia Pacific region 4 months ahead of schedule, with the European launch following in August, followed by the US launch, with consequent benefits to the cost of the project and the revenue-generation potential for the product.
- Delivery of an extremely high quality service platform designed to generate new revenue streams and growth for Debtwire within the fixed income market.
- High solution flexibility for Primary Issuance, allowing for modifications and development to meet future needs and initiatives.Provision by Digiterre, of the right resource talent, which was especially important given the requirements for a relatively rapid launch due to favourable market conditions.
- High levels of efficiency and capability were shown by Digiterre in getting to the heart of technical problems. Digiterre were also excellent at comprehending business requirements, interpreting them efficiently and delivering against them.
- Key milestones and full platform functionality met ahead of schedule due to exceptional joint teamwork and communication with all stakeholders – both technical and business- focused.
- The Primary Issuance service will generate significant new revenue streams and grow Debtwire’s presence in the fixed income market.
- The Primary Issuance service was delivered 4 months ahead of the schedule and gives Acuris a service platform with flexibility for future market initiatives.
In the words of our client
Digiterre were instrumental in delivering our new Debtwire Primary Issuance platform, which is highly supportable, testable, extendable and stable. They delivered well ahead of expectations and to an extremely high quality standard, building a platform that’s highly flexible and supportive of our tens of thousands of global subscribers’ needs going forward.
Chief Technology Officer
Related Case Studies
Integration and Automation of Credit Derivatives Trade Processing Flows
Seamless integration between ICE Link and in-house Deutsche Bank systems.
Trade capture, risk reporting and middle office operational support
Digiterre set up a secondary market to trade in their own underlying products.