Technology – Enabled Business Transformation
Merian Global Investors (formerly Old Mutual Global Investors), a leading international investment management business, partners with domain experts Digiterre to step-change the quality of their front-end and full-stack technologies in their fund operations function, to support large-scale business transformation.
- Step change the quality and management of reference data relating to clients and fund products.
- Provide a highly robust and reliable data and HTML 5 UI framework foundation for the development of future high performance applications, such as the Fund Rebates project, which was subsequently delivered using this technology.
- Provide a more robust data set for the business to conduct its commercial operations and to ensure full confidence in the accuracy and reliability of its business data, as a precursor to the planned restructuring of the Group.
- Validate the accuracy and correctness of all financial transactions and provide reconciliation and reporting around these numbers.
- Maximise programme ROI with improved business workflow, enhanced client service, greater operational efficiency and better compliance risk mitigation.
- Transfer knowledge to and rapidly upskill the inhouse development team to ensure they became self-sufficient in the building of new enterprise class applications using modern HTML 5 technologies.
- A strongly collaborative approach between Digiterre and the MGI technical teams, aimed at maximising both business domain and technical understanding across all stakeholders with interdepartmental working to support independent data validation.
- Digiterre’s pragmatic “Agile” style of development coupled with a high level of automated test coverage which further supported high levels of joint team collaboration, improved levels of project visibility, control and risk mitigation.
- Designing a totally new reference data system managed via a high quality user interface, transforming an existing, largely excel-based data management process.
- Creating a high quality and re-useable functionally rich HTML 5 user interface framework with a clear, simple and intuitive set of user controls and workflows.
- MGI now have a single scalable platform that can address and manage a multitude of tasks relating to core transactional and reference data needs including ingestion, cleansing, processing, analysing, visualising and problem solving.
- The clarity, intuitiveness, predictability and ‘googleness’ of the user rich web interface ensures that the application is very popular with users.
- A high level of confidence that subsequent applications using the reference data have wholly accurate outputs and can therefore be trusted by all stakeholders.
- The co-creation by the joint team of the “Funds Rebates” system, using the re-useable HTML 5 UI framework linking product discounts with clients and supporting full reconciliation and validation of rebate terms between MGI and its Transfer Agents (TA’s).
- Up-skilling of the MGI technical team with new development methods and technologies, and specifically with the ability to build new UI-led enterprise class applications using the re-useable HTML 5 framework, independently of Digiterre. The reference data initiative enables MGI to strengthen its delivery of high customer service standards and to provide complete data and information transparency.
- Through close collaborative working with Digiterre, the MGI technology team has achieved the desired transformation of their reference data and data management systems, the development of a re-usable rich HTML 5 web user interface and effective upskilling of their own technical team.
In the words of our client
Our reference data is the bedrock of our platform as an asset manager. Digiterre‘s ”Agile” methodology, excellent people and know-how, coupled with its willingness to share its knowledge and techniques to upskill our team, ensure we can look to our future growth plans with huge confidence. Furthermore their UX design is fantastic – we wouldn’t have achieved anything close to this without Digiterre. The job done has been very successful for MGI and Digiterre has really helped us to up our game.
Chief Technology Officer
Related Case Studies
Gold Standard Trading, Risk and Operations Platform
Leadenhall Capital Partners worked with Digiterre to build a gold standard trading platform to improve operational robustness.
Integration and Automation of Credit Derivatives Trade Processing Flows
Seamless integration between ICE Link and in-house Deutsche Bank systems.