Building the ESG Functionality for BITA Wealth
Digiterre worked in close partnership with BITA Risk, part of corfinancial, a leading provider of specialist software and services to the financial services sector, to build the ESG functionality for BITA Risk’s BITA Wealth platform to incorporate a suite of ESG functionality within the BITA Wealth solution for investment professionals to capture client preferences and analyse portfolio exposures by ESG and impact investment factors – identifying conflicts and ESG Risks through portfolio modelling and reporting.
Digiterre was engaged to develop the BITA Risk designed ESG functionality within the BITA Wealth product and to further improve performance of the application so it could scale and support larger clients.
ESG functional areas to be delivered:
- ESG data load and transform
- Client preference capture
- Portfolio ESG modelling
- Portfolio reports
Performance goals were to support:
- 1.5 million client portfolios and 7,500 registered users, including 500 to 700 concurrent users
- 100,000 financial instruments or assets that a client may have as a reference set in their portfolio
- Automatic checking of 2,000 portfolios against risk, construction and investment policy and a client’s ESG preferences, every minute, using the Portfolio Management Page (PMP) Application Programming interface (API)
- Digiterre applied advanced software and data engineering capabilities to develop the data screening and management functionality, including for client ESG preference capture and portfolio modelling and reporting, and the wider scaling of BITA Wealth that this necessitated.
- Working closely with corfinancial and BITA Risk, Digiterre brought together and implemented capabilities across architecture, user-interface development, server-side development, and quality assurance, including automation test packs to ensure quality
- The core build involved quality assurance, including automated test frameworks and performance tests, and development, including UI elements D3 components, and ESG data integration, scaling and reporting. These activities helped create a common language across the data and ensured data could be made truly amenable to users, for example with easy-to-use workflows and striking and visually appealing infographics.
- Digiterre built the solution in conjunction with the corfinancial and BITA Risk technical teams, closely coordinating with them throughout the project and delivering knowledge transfers back to the teams on completion of the project. It worked on an iterative basis, by delivering outcomes in increments, to evolve the product and realise the client’s vision
- Investment professionals using BITA Wealth can now assess at portfolio and investment level, ESG factor, Impact, CO2 emissions, and controversy exposures, including negative and positive screening, directly and in the context of client preferences. This coupled with the monitoring capabilities permits mass customisation
- Users can assess the impact of making changes to meet sustainable preferences on risk, yield and return through portfolio ‘what-if’ analysis
- ESG functional elements can be selected through user permissions allowing users a customisable and flexible deployment of the ESG elements they wish to adopt
- BITA Risk can provide a truly user-centric solution that caters to their end users’ ESG investment needs
- Corfinancial and BITA Risk can deploy and operate BITA Wealth at significantly greater scale
In the words of our client
ESG data screening and management is a key barrier to the widespread adoption of sustainable investing. The combination of our wealth management expertise and Digiterre’s renown in the area of data engineering is resulting in a compelling proposition. Digiterre’s cutting-edge capabilities helped place our product ahead of changing market demand and greatly accelerated its development. Working with Digiterre opened up new opportunities and helped fast forward our technology and data management, product proposition and business development. They achieved something remarkable given the compressed timeframe we gave them, and made a hugely positive impression on the members of the BITA Risk and corfinancial teams.
Related Case Studies
Gold Standard Trading, Risk and Operations Platform
Leadenhall Capital Partners worked with Digiterre to build a gold standard trading platform to improve operational robustness.
Integration and Automation of Credit Derivatives Trade Processing Flows
Seamless integration between ICE Link and in-house Deutsche Bank systems.
Trade capture, risk reporting and middle office operational support
Digiterre set up a secondary market to trade in their own underlying products.